I was nominated last week for the Mystery Blogger Award by the lovely Kelly of the Cats & Tea blog (side note, what perfect accompaniments to a good book are those).
I’ll let the award creator explain what this award is all about: “The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma)
- List three facts about yourself and answer the questions given by the person who tagged you
- Share a link to your best post(s)
- Nominate up to 20 people
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice
THREE FACTS ABOUT ME
- I hate bananas. Like, “don’t eat them in my house or anywhere near me” hate them. I’m not even sorry about it.
- I have officially run out of space on my bookshelves, until my handyman Dad builds some more as a late birthday present ♥ So as of right now I’m on a book-buying ban until I have space again. My partner is fairly happy about this turn of events 😉
- I weighed my cat this week and it turns out what we thought was her getting fatter was just her getting fluffier. She’s pretty svelte under all that fur. *peach emoji*
MY BEST POSTS
I guess I’ll let the stats do the talking since I am a bit of a data nerd.
- Top 3 Thursday: Books I recommend
- 6 easy tips to help you read more ♥
- Review: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
QUESTIONS FROM KELLY
If you could design a ride at Disney World/Disney Land based on any movie, what movie would it be and what would your ride look like?
Definitely the Lion King because it is severely under-represented at the Disney world/lands.
It would probably be a rollercoaster based on when the hyenas are chasing Simba away from the Pridelands, and end with a big dip like the one where all the hyenas pile up and Banzai goes flying in to the thorn bushes.
If you could spend the next year as any age, what age would you choose and why?
I actually think I’m at a pretty good age right now! I’d maybe go back a few years to like, 23/24 when I was living in Dublin with a bunch of free time, and wasn’t doing this full-time lark 😛
If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Contemporary, easy. Lots of variety and I find it pretty easy to read 🙂
What is your favourite food?
Garlic Bread, probably. Or dumplings. Or my dad’s Vine Leaves/Dolmades. Shit, this is too hard…haha. PASS!
What is your favourite knock-knock joke and/or dad joke?
Look, I find myself pretty hilarious with some of the bad jokes I come out with. Any form of pun is usually a winner in my eyes. But as far as actual one-liner type jokes go…that’s damn hard! Update I’ve literally sat at my computer for 30 minutes trying to think of my favourite and I just can’t do it so I’m calling it! This is getting postsed without one!
- Bec from Bec’s Bookish Reads
- Jane from What Jane Read Next
- Michaela from Crazybookladyreviews
- “Quirks” from Quirky Opinions
- Courtney from Buried in a Bookshelf
MY QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- What is your favourite (physical) bookstore?
- If you could live any one author’s life, whose would it be and why?
- What is one thing you own that has no monetary value but you’ll never get rid of for sentimental reasons?
- What spurred you to start your blog?
- If you could design a ride at Disney World/Disney Land based on any movie, what movie would it be and what would your ride look like? (I loved this question so I’m passing it on!!!)
Thank you again to the gorgeous Kelly for nominating me! Sorry it took a while to answer, but it was lots of fun 🙂
I’d love to hear your favourite Knock-Knock/Dad jokes below (but don’t tell me it isn’t hard to choose!), or any of your answers to the questions above! ♥
Until next time, readers!